We issue monthly newsletters to DASON members to keep hospital clinical pharmacists and physicians involved in antimicrobial stewardship programs up-to-date about technical, timely, and important news regarding antimicrobial stewardship topics.
The Duke Antimicrobial Stewardship Outreach Network (DASON) Newsletters for calendar year 2018 are listed below as examples of this valuable resource:
- January 2019 - It's That Time of Year: Flu Shots
- February 2019 - Antibiogram updates 2019
- March 2019 - Are Oral Antibiotics Just as Good as Intravenous?
- April 2019 - TYRX Pocket - The Perfect Pocket?
- May 2019 - Updates to the NHSN AU Option: New Standardized Antimicrobial Administration Ration (SAAR)
- June 2019 - Community acquired pneumonia: 3 vs 5-day course of azithromycin in combination with a beta-lactam
- July 2019 - The Antibiotic Pipeline - Quick takes on novel agents
- August 2019 - Prolonged Perioperative Antibiotics: Not Worth the Risk
- September 2019 - Antimicrobial Stewardship in Community Hospitals
- October 2019 - Review of the 2019 IDSA/ATS Practice Guidelines for the Management of Community-acquired Pneumonia (CAP)
- November 2019 - Blood cultures before antibiotics-Sequence matters
- December 2019 - Duration of Therapy for Gram-Negative Bloodstram Infections
- January 2020 - Cefiderocol: A first-in-class siderophore cephalosporing designed to combat resistance
- February 2020 - Rapid Diagnostic Testing for Bloodstream Infections
- March 2020 - Antibiotic Stewardship During the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
- April 2020 - New Vancomycin Dosing Guidelines - Should We Switch?
- May 2020 - Handshake Stewardship in the Era of COVID-19
- June 2020 - Using DRIP to Drop Unnecessary Broad-Spectrum Treatments for Pneumonia