We issue monthly newsletters to DASON members to keep hospital clinical pharmacists and physicians involved in antimicrobial stewardship programs up-to-date about technical, timely, and important news regarding antimicrobial stewardship topics.
The Duke Antimicrobial Stewardship Outreach Network (DASON) Newsletters for calendar year 2018 are listed below as examples of this valuable resource:
- January 2018 - Periarticular Injection Practices in DICON/DASON Hospitals
- February 2018 - Static versus Cidal Antibiotics
- March 2018 - C the Diff: What’s New in the 2017 IDSA/SHEA Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infection
- April 2018 - Urinary Tract Infection and Asymptomatic Bacteriuria: When to (and not to) Workup and Treat
- May 2018 - What Resources are Required to Staff an Effective Antimicrobial Stewardship Program?
- June 2018 - To Treat or Not to Treat? How to Identify Contaminated Blood Cultures
- July 2018 - New Aminoglycoside on the Block: What role should Plazomicin play in the management of infectious diseases?
- August 2018 - Here We Go Again! FDA Updates Drug Safety Communication for Fluoroquinolones
- September 2018 - Diagnostic Stewardship Part II: Understanding indications for collecting blood cultures for hospitalized adult patients